Tel. – 845 342 4497
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. – 845 342 4497
Email – email@example.com
You may be wondering why we are writing about how to shop in a restaurant store. It seems simple enough to do, right? You want to purchase something for your restaurant. So you go to the store to look for what you want to buy and get it. However, purchasing items as a new or infrequent customer may not be as seamless as one might think. When you are going to buy from a restaurant store there is some preparation involved.
Know what you are looking for…
You would be surprised how many people, when they go shopping, forget what they came to buy. Just as with going grocery shopping, you need to write down the things you want to buy. Or have an idea of which piece of equipment you want to buy, how many do you need, and the accessories that may need to accompany it.
Know how much you are willing to pay
What is your bottom line? How much do you want to spend. Do research first. Check online, look-up brand name companies and see who is near your location. Check out amazon.com or EBay.com. Check out our website even to see what are the price ranges of the item you want. Get an idea, first, of how much it should cost.
Give yourself time to get what you are looking to purchase
Unlike consumer products, commercial items may often be customized. Or the company may hold a monopoly in a specific product area, which can make some items much more expensive. Often, many items are not currently in stock and may have to be ordered. The delivery time can be anything from three days to three weeks.
Be nice to the help
Oftentimes store employees are aware of deals that may be going on with manufacturers and can pass that information on to you. They also are the guardians of the secret sales present within the store. Being nasty, crass or impatient often will not help you get the best deal.
Take accurate measurements of your space and the items you want to place in your space
This is self-explanatory. This industry lives and dies by measurements. If an item is too big or too small, it’s a bust. You don’t need it and we often are stuck holding it until we can find another buyer. While most stores are knowledgeable about their wares, we don’t know what size you really need unless you tell us or we measure it ourselves.
Know when you should need the pieces and when it is too late to get it
Give a cushion date. Don’t waste our time and we won’t waste yours. We are here to help you succeed, ultimately. Allow enough time for mishaps. Natural disasters happen, out-of-stock happens, and discontinued items happen all the time. Plan for it. Be realistic. Which brings us to the next point…
Have a back-up plan
Make an alternate plan. We know you like what you picked out but things happen all the time. Many items run out of stock or become discontinued often.
Last but not least
Have an appropriate method of payment that works at the time of purchase, like cash or credit. Many orders are large purchase amounts, they sometimes add up into the tens of thousands of dollars. Check with your bank before you make the purchase and let them know that you intend to make a sizable purchase from the restaurant supply store so your order does not get held up in an approval war.
It’s Pizza Party Friday! Who doesn’t love going to the pizza shop? We usually go to pizza shops to install pizza ovens and other equipment in them but today we thought we would explore the awesomeness of pizza shops. So we decided to write a top ten list about what makes pizza shops so great. Here they are…the top ten greatest things about a pizza shop.
10. It’s informal. Most pizza shops are neighborhood restaurant. The vibe is very relaxed and comfortable. So jeans and T-shirt is usually what you’ll find pizza shop employees wearing, as well as their customers. Who gets dressed up to go to a pizzeria? And if you live in a college town, chances are that you will be going to the local pizzeria in your PJs. Yup. We’ve all done it. We won’t even talk about what some people wear when they get delivery pizza. That’s another top ten list for a future time. Which brings us to number nine.
9. There’s bound to be at least one guy/girl who works there who is totally hot. Can we say #Eyecandyalert!?
8. Everyone is usually very friendly. Ever walk into a pizza shop and saw everyone angry? If you have, our apologizes. But normally everyone is pretty accommodating. It’s pizza… Who’s not happy about getting ready to eat?
7. It’s warm in the winter! It you’re from the East Coast, you know those winters can be brutally cold. Especially in New York City where the buildings form those lovely wind tunnels. You might as well be in the tundra! But then you see and smell the scent of pizza and you step into that warm pizza shop. It’s like heaven. Because they are always cooking pizza in those hot pizza ovens, it is always slightly warm in there. There is nothing like thawing out a little while you order yourself a slice. This brings me to number eight.
6. THEY SMELL LIKE Pizzaaassss! The smell of pizza could definitely be considered an aphrodisiac! The smell of pizza when you’re hungry, is like crack to a junkie, seriously! It’s intoxicating and wraps itself around you like a blanket, a warm fuzzy, pizza blanket. Ok we’re going overboard but you know what we mean. And if you don’t, you have never had great pizza at a pizza shop! Sorry.
5. They usually sell more than just pizza. Have you ever gone to a pizzeria and only saw pizza on the menu? No, right and you never will. You know why? As much as we love pizza, we don’t love it all the time. We love the pizza shop because it’s convenient and we love the smell thing. So we’ll go there to order a calzone, pasta, and garlic knots. Some places even have beef patties w/ mozzarella on it. I’m so hungry right now…lol. They also usually sell one more thing that everyone loves and that is…
4. Italian Ice. Yes we must pause for a moment of silence in honor of the Ice… You know there is nothing better on a hot, hot summer day than buying and eating a nice, soft and cold flavored Italian Ice from the pizza shop…
3. It’s Cheap! Rather, the food is usually inexpensive. You can get a meal quick meal for a decent price at a pizzeria. Unless you go to one of those specialty/ gourmet pizza restaurants, which can really get expensive.
2. They sell comfort food that is good for you!!! Unless you’re lactose intolerant, which totally sucks if you are a pizza lover. L Pizza makes everything better. We have had some of my best ideas pop up while we were eating pizza. The cheese has calcium, the tomato sauce has beneficial lycopene and crust has fiber, however miniscule. So it’s not totally bad for you.
1. Pizza = party. Therefore, pizza shop equals party place!!! I mean look at Chuck E. Cheese and other pizza party establishments. If pizza is there, like Solo cups, it’s a Party! Period!
So those are our top ten reasons why pizza shops are awesome! Let us know what are your top ten things that make a pizza shop great in the comments below or tell us your top ten greatest things about pizza shops on Facebook and Twitter .
If you have a tight restaurant start-up budget you might want to look at used restaurant equipment. Used equipment can be great. You could get a great piece at a much lower cost than brand new. Keep some of that start-up cash in your pocket.